Saturday 4 December 2010

Time to tidy the pillars

Over the next few weeks I am planning to get the car ready for the roll cage and then onto the roof skin and be done with the roof chop fabrication.

Starting with the A pillar I worked the metal to a ready to paint finish, as a lot of work had already been done there finishing it was simple. The most time consuming part today was spent with the B pillar and C pillar.
The B pillar turned out really well and I am very pleased though it took me most of the day to get an excellent finish and now just needs a quick polish prior to any filler and primer.


If I can get all the welds and pillars to this standard the car will not need as much bodywork prior to paint. Lucky for me that all the panels which I am welding actually go behind glass or plastic so its not too important, but I will know about it so its got to be good! Of course the roof skin is going to need some major work to get it perfect - roll on Christmas holiday and 2011..

No comments:

Post a Comment