Sunday 12 December 2010

New bumper and bonnet

With a large choice of bumpers available off the shelf I decided that I wanted something different. I decided I wanted a rear euro look bumper. This had to be smooth but still have some shape, with help from orrange performance I acquired a set of GP style rear lip and arches and fitted it to a cooper bumper, the plan is to remove the chrome strip and fill this to a smooth finish.

First I cut the chrome section out of the bumper


With the section removed I set about fitting the side arch


I then set about fitting the lower lip and the other arch, I am really pleased with the look and can't wait to see the centre part filled


With the bumper at this stage I had a look at my new grp bonnet sourced from orrange performance, this bonnet is over half the weight of a metal bonnet so will help when it comes to the track (I hope). The bonnet is a really good fit and placing it there really excited me thinking that the car is slowly moving forwards

No comments:

Post a Comment