Thursday 23 December 2010

Digitising the blower P1

With the snow falling outside and my car frozen I chose to spend some time in the office, I though it would be nice to start working out the brackets for the supercharger. The way I do this is to place the blower in a place on the desk then using the digitizer I own scan it into the CAD system. This provides me with a full CAD model which when I have time I can scan the engine and virtually work out all the brackets saving me time and money. Once the designs have been made they will be sent out for machining. I will be producing stress calculations on the parts to ensure that once the brackets are made I know they are good enough for the job and applied forces, it will also help me reduce the mass of the brackets making them lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment