Friday 14 January 2011

Roll cage design P2

A weekend passed and I had time to measure the car again just to ensure 100% the measurements where correct. With the seat in I decided that the A pillar bars are simply too close to the driver and passenger head and for this reason I decided to go only with a half cage. The only purpose of this cage is to hold the seat harness and I can always add further bars later if I want too.

Here is the half cage I am going to build.
 For those who want to see it in 3D and move it around click the link 3D cage

The cage has been ordered with Andy Robinson as in the useful links down the page side. I am going to be welding the cage together as to continue with the theme of doing everything myself where I can. I hope to receive this soon so I can start to notch the tubes and install the cage and get the roof skin on.

No comments:

Post a Comment