Monday 15 November 2010

Rear assembly drop off

Its been a while since my last post, been busy with work and not had the time to play...

With all the frame welding finished I decided that I would start making the car ready for a new paint even though that wont be till next year. I decided that I would drop the remaining rear sub frame, suspension and trailing arms. A nice simple job of removing each part and placing them in a pile.

Difficulties came in the form of corrosion, which was mostly on the brake lines which meant I needed to cut through the steel lines which needed to be replaced anyway.
Suspension dropped out easily and the struts and springs are in excellent condition.




With the sub frame out it became apparent that the fuel tank is full so I decided that I would tackle that when I have something to disperse the 40 odd litres into. Really I should have removed it prior to any welding as the fuel lines are open. Never mind.

I then moved on to measuring the car ready for the roll cage design which I will be doing myself, along with designing the roll cage I will also be using a microscribe to measure the engine in order to make the brackets for the new supercharger. The shed has been rebuilt at the weekend to become an engine build room so I am really looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment