Monday 9 April 2012

New bumper made

With the car back with me I have been working hard on it and several other parts, so much so I have neglected to get an update done.

I have for a long time liked the look of the new JCW bumper (R56) and I have wanted to put it on my car except it is totally a different size so I have had to blend the to bumpers together but I am happy to report its going well.

I borrowed a mini and rough cut the bumpers to nearly the right size and foam filled the bumper to hold it together to help me shape it.


The bumper lines where then marked up and re-cut to give me straight lines to work with, this was then foam filled again to allow me to shape the bumper


With the bumper and foam in a basic shape, I started to throw body filler in to give me a good basis




 With the filler in place I then followed this by many hours of shaping and sanding will I ended up with a bumper as close as I can get it. I will then make a GRP mould of the bumper, I will then make a bumper and finish it off. I am very happy with the way it has come out.







Will get the mould made soon and will also get the update up of the now finished rear bumper



No comments:

Post a Comment