Sunday 29 April 2012

Bumper GRP mould

With the bumper made on the last post I thought I had better get a move on with it. I need to make some changes to the bumper but its getting a little difficult due to how many parts are making it.

With the bumper on the car I brushed on the gel coat and then started to apply the glass fibre. I believe the only way to make a good bumper which will fit after its been mould is to mould it on the car. Too many body kits and bumpers out there just do not fit as they are moulded off the car.



With the bumper moulded it was then taken off the car and I will now make a bumper from it, make the modifications and maybe then will again take a mould so I have the perfect bumper and mould should I need it again.


Also while I am building busy the castings have taken a trip over to sutton soda blasters and I have to say I am really happy with the finish, they all look as new and maybe even better than new.


The body shop have also been busy and have started the work, the job is flawless, they are really giving the car the attention and time needed. I have started to collected lots of parts which have been painted, this is the colour, glacier white.



Then other than I have been making lots of carbon parts for the car




1 comment:

  1. Great work!
    Bookmarked your build...thanks for sharing.

    Peter from Canada

    ReplyDelete