Sunday 1 May 2011

roof skin smoothing

With the sections of the roof joined I decided that I was going to make a mould off the roof once I have the shape correct. The plan will be to make a full replacement carbon fibre roof skin but first I have to ensure that the shape is correct and smooth so this means many hours of filling and sanding, its not going too bad but I can see this going on for quite a while yet.
While the roof is drying I have also been building the front of the car back together and I decided that the scuttle vents I had made are going to be moulded in. The aim will be to build the car up over the next few weeks to get all the bodywork done and sorting the other issues such as the windscreen wipers which still need to be worked out.




Lots to do over the coming weeks but this it should be rewarding

1 comment:

  1. Hi! im from mexico ive been reading your blog and i gotta say your project is amazing i hope everything goes well and you finish it soon. cant wait to se the finished car.

    best regards
    jake

    ReplyDelete