Saturday 14 August 2010

Tailgate center section join

With one side of the car done I did start cutting material from the passengers side c pillar but then decided that it would be good to get the join done between each side of the rear.

The first thing to do was remove the central section join which I had placed there when I tack welded the car together, as I had cut down the middle there was a half circle on each section which is not really what I wanted. I then took a rear section which I had stored from another roof and chopped out a section to a size which would match the section on the rear.

I then opened the rear section up to match the section I cut earlier and then installed the inner section of the cut part. With it in place I held it with a magnet and then welded it together. I love it when something goes together with little effort.



With the inner part welded in I then inserted the outer part and welded it in.







That's it for now, only had 5 hours on the car and that includes setup and clean up... next will be c pillar etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment