Saturday 17 July 2010

Polishing the welds

Happy that all the panels are now welded together as in the last post, I now needed to clean the welds up, I will be using several grades of flapper discs attached to the angle grinder. Basically starting with a 40 grit to remove the main part of the weld then dropping to 60 - 80 - 120 and then over with a polishing disc.

I have to say that the panels look very good in the flesh but being shiny the camera flash does not pick it up well. There is still some more polishing to do as you can still see the edge of some welds though I will be using body filler too, ensuring that the finish is A1. Then I will re-trim the car and hide all the body work...

Here are the pictures of the day, there is a lot of work gone into the bodywork but its mostly time and hence there really isn't much to write about. Though once again I decided not to put my overalls on and work in something comfortable, consequently while I was welding I realised I was again on fire ~ fair to say I have learnt my lesson this time.







No comments:

Post a Comment