Wednesday 6 May 2015

Electronics and coding

All, this should be the most boring update...

While the time has been passing by and I have been doing all else but working on the car I decided to put a few days aside to do something.


  • Vipec ECU fitted and all the engine items configured to work as they should (it is great fun playing with the peddle and throttle...)
  • All sensors have now been fitted
  • Been through all the BMW modules and switched on all the features I want and tunred everything off I did not need
  • Coded out all the air bags but I will re-code when the drivers bag goes back in. 
  • Cleared out all the modules memory so if they error out then I can see what is going on as there was lists of issues before
  • Built a flip key module out of an ebay key and the original. Apparently no key cutter will cut an ebay key :( I phoned very many... However original key filed down fits perfectly and cost a lot less.
  • Innovative LC2 fitted and calibrated original o2 sensors removed and the post cat blanked off as the wideband is sufficient. Very pleased with the install as I used factory plugs and hid all the electronics so you can't tell it is hiding away
Have some photos;

flip key with oem blade 

coding
innovative installed next to battery in the box
vipec installed

No comments:

Post a Comment