Monday 4 March 2013

Some life in the little feller

The car has been off since the fire 4 years ago and this weekend saw the modules all come to life, there is still a couple of little issues to resolve but mostly all good. When I connected the battery I saw a huge spark come from the positive, I thought I may have wired something really badly but then I looked at the starter motor to discover that the positive was also connected to the body, this was quickly fixed and then with the turn of the key there was life, lots of errors and warnings but not really un-expeted as there is no engine...






With the electrics all in place or should I say for as much as I wanted to do for that day I decided to get on with the body work and fitted the drivers door, the boot and also the custom rear bumper. Really please with how it is all coming together, if only I had more time to play with it other than the one day a week






5 comments:

  1. Hiya pal, any updates? Looking forward to seeing the finished article.

    Could I make a suggestion?
    Could you use these tail lamps? I think the pre-facelift design suits the MINI well but needs clear indicator lenses, and the facelift lamp design does not suit well. Here's a link: http://www.mstyle.co.uk/acatalog/info_D03BM003.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have some updates soon, been very lazy with the blog the last week or so as the updates are a little boring... Anyway I agree with you. I do dislike the facelift lights and have a nice set of pre facelift lights with the chrome removed and also the amber light has been tinted so that it is red

      Good call with the link though ;)

      Delete
    2. Sounds great mate, all red units are just as good, if not better because they're custom and one off! I really like this build but I don't think it gets the exposure it needs on this blog, perhaps you'd consider starting a thread in the 'Readers Rides' section of www.pistonheads.com? You could just copy and past a link to this blog and then update there whenever required?

      Best of look with the build, can't wait to see it finished, will look amazing once it's completed!

      P.S I'm 'M159V8' on pistonheads if you decide to create a thread :)

      Delete
    3. Luck* silly spelling error, lol :)

      Delete
  2. Cheers, it gets seen by mini forums. The view of piston heads can be quite Marmite and I almost did start a thread and may even have done so on there.

    I am on piston heads and have been for many years under the user name of RKDE.

    Here is hoping I can complete it soon and get on to driving it

    ReplyDelete