Saturday 15 December 2012

Sub frame assembly on to the car

So here we are with another Saturday coming to an end and another day spent at the body shop working hard on the mini, the day has been good but also some disappointment when I realised the wheel bolts where too short :(

Having built the sub frame last week I took it with me along with all the other things (glad my daily estate is big enough)

OH WAIT! forgot to say I am assembling the sub frames because the car is now painted!

Anyway back to some assembly, car was tilted up and the front suspension, sub frame, and hubs all added

Dropped back down on the frame as sadly the wheel bolts I have are too short, really wanted to see the car rolling today but sadly without the bolts this is not happening


Rear subframe assembled and bolted to the car


So the whole car... well with it not on its wheels but still more complete than it has ever been, well for the last 3 years. Still got to paint the inside of the car which will be done over the next couple of weeks, the cage is painted and I am so happy with how lovely the white paint is of the car. I really want the wheels, doors and bonnet on the car so I can finally see it built.


So much more to do but just look at it! when you think its been 3 years in the making

1 comment:

  1. Hi, regular reader here, and I think you're long overdue an update, I'm curious to know how things are moving along!

    ReplyDelete