Wednesday 22 August 2012

Prototype brackets

Having printed my prototype brackets quite a while ago I finally really had time to get them on the engine.

The past few months have seen me out of action with a very poorly back to the point where the project has been on hold. Thank you for all the support messages and given a month I have a real want to push this project onwards. Some of you may have also noticed that I have another project, this is one for myself and my other half to do together, a lovely example of a late 72 build 73 plate bug... Looking forward to making it into a show winning example one day (2 year project)

Any way just a quick update to show the bracket in place on the engine, they are quite simple brackets and seam quite strong even in the printed abs plastic.

Really pleased with the alternator bracket, it looks excellent. I did not want to tuck the alternator into the space of the sump as I want as much road clearance as possible. I am really pleased with how it fits


 The supercharger sitting snugly on the bracket fully bolted down. Now all I need to do is get the steel item made


 Again another photo of the blower in place, really saddens me to see how much paint I have taken off the blower putting it in and out, oh well nothing a little bit of paint will not fix. When I have the steel item I will be able to triple check the length of nose required for the blower and I can then add the last bits and store the engine ready to go back in.

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow spent over an hour reading your whole project will keep following as would love to see the end result. i look to do a chopped roof very soon so researching all angles keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it has made a good read for you. I would think twice about doing another roof chop especially to a car which has so much shape to it. The roof has been a nightmare but this has mostly been down to other people. The angle all stay the same with my roof chop, changing the angles and sloping the pillars would have made the job difficult. Not as easy as a classic mini and the building BIVA regulations make it even harder. I wish you luck if you choose to do it. I am sure if I had more time it would be done a long time ago but I guess early 2013 will be the finish date

    ReplyDelete