Wednesday 11 July 2012

Some shots of primer and some items in paint

I can't believe how a month has gone by since the last update, we are all suffering with the rain causing problems all over the place so with all the water laying around the car has been slow progress, however there has been progress.

The car has now been fully primered and then has had a guide coat applied and worked smooth ready for paint. The tailgate, doors and boot are all painted now and I have been able to start assembly of the items.

Bonnet sitting safely in one of my garages, the white and the carbon looks so good together I am so pleased to finally see the items come together.
The scuttle vents all bonded in and smoothed in, now they look like the should be there and are blended to make them look like they are part of the body work
 Another shot of the scuttle vents in the a guide cote
 Rear quarter in primer with the second guide coat in place, feeling really smooth, the time is really paying off.
 Bit of a full shot to show the current state. Wont be too long now before we consider pushing the car into the booth for paint.

5 comments:

  1. I've been checking almost daily for an update, there are people who read this thread without posting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could do an update every day, currently I am feeling very disabled with a bad back and hope to really get in the swing of things soon. Glad you keep looking though and lest hope I can get this car finished soon. Been going on far too long now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all started with me googling "r56 bumper on r53" and I found your MU thread back when it was only about 3 pages in. I've been checking it almost daily. Got my boyfriend addicted to it too! Great job and we will continue reading :)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sara,

    Thank you means a lot to know people are reading. I will try my best to make some worthy updates :)

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been checking regularly too! I can't wait to see this when its finished It'll be a stunner. Sorry to hear about the bad back, I've been there myself it's the worst type of pain imo. Just rest and let it completely get better then carry on. Get well soone mate!

    ReplyDelete