Sunday 10 October 2010

Finishing structural welding P1

From last week I had started to remove the supporting frame from the car. Now that the roof is solid I no longer need any of the supporting frame.
Today I wanted to remove most of the frame so that I am able to move around within the car and finish off the welding and also to make enough room to grind and polish the metal.

Firstly armed with the angle grinder and a new cutting disc I tackled the box section holding the car together. The box section frame has been a pain the whole build having to crawl between the bars. Working on the inside of the car without the frame will be more of an enjoyable experience I hope...

Some pictures of the car with the frame removed.







With the frame out I decided that I would add an additional plate to the B pillar as was done with the drivers side. The extra plate is used to attach the roll cage too as will be seen later in the blog.



After welding the B pillar I decided that I would start cleaning and polishing the welds, I started with the A pillar and plan to get all the welds to a similar appearance ready for painting and where required I will use body filler to ensure I have a good finish

No comments:

Post a Comment