Tuesday 28 September 2010

Just a bit of body welding

With the tailgate in place I decided that I would concentrate my time on finishing the frame of the car ready for the roll cage and the roof skin. Within no time the final B pillar was welded and in a state ready to be polished smooth.



My plan now is to get all the welding done so that I am able to remove the supporting frame as the movement within the car has now become difficult. Partly because I am not getting any thinner and the car is feeling a lot smaller with the roof skin back on.

Once the B pillar was completed I moved the the A pillar and decided that I would finish the inside, I knew this would be easy and hence I had left it to the last thing to weld. Within no time this was welded into place.



Now that all the welding has been done for the moment I have decided that I will remove the frame from the inside of the car and spend some time cleaning all the welds and will have to plan the roll cage.
I would expect the next few weeks will really see the car looking more complete and I may even have time to start working on my plans for the rear lights...

No comments:

Post a Comment