Saturday 5 June 2010

Inner B pillar 2

With the inner section cut out due to the complex shapes in there for seatbelt mounting I need to rebuild it. Since no seatbelt will be fixed on the pillar I didn't need to worry about the mounting point.

To get the curves of the original shape I took the corners off a spare section and welded them into place. During welding the second in I ran out of gas, with the gas changed I then ran out of wire... With the gas gone I had to use a disposable bottle and the valve on it was just terrible, even with the regulator on as tight as I would go there was no gas flow till it was on maximum. Never mind.



With the two corners in place I took a sheet of card and cut a template off the car, using a cut off tool and tin snips cut a steel template which I then proceeded to weld in to the car.





All in I cleaned the welds back to allow room for the next layer which I took the same approach to get the shape, seams to be working well so I am happy

No comments:

Post a Comment