Sunday 14 March 2010

A little empty

The plan was to remove the wire and strip the car down to have just a front and rear rolling shell and I am happy to show the progress. Have to say the weather has been excellent over the past few months! Probably going to rain from here on...

First part I wanted to remove was the S side skirts, to me they made the car look not as stripped down as I really require for the body and paint work. I carefully undid the several securing plastic screws from under the skirts and I was then able to quite easily pull the skirts off, only issue was a little screw joining the skirt to the rear arch so I removed them together.


With the side skirts off I move my attention to removing the whole wiring loom, most of the wires where already sitting in the passengers foot well so that part was easy, however some wires ran through the bulk head and to remove them meant the brake master cylinder had to come out as did the ABS pump. They where all easy parts to remove and caused no real effort.

The whole wiring loom


Empty blue with no wires


Brake master cylinder and ABS pump out

With the wires out I started looking for some more things to remove, problem being that there really isn't much left on the car so I am removing the last few parts before the sheet metal work can commence.
I decided it was time to remove the bonnet hinges, which I think has to be one of the most simple jobs and it only took a small amount of time. I also removed the drivers A panel and the scuttle panel. From some angles the mini looks like a metro...

Lots of pictures of the progress, I didn't get huge amounts done or it wouldn't seam it.I did actually remove the whole running gear and sub frame. Next time I will be removing the exhaust and maybe the fuel tank and brake lines etc.











Hope you enjoyed this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment