Sunday 21 February 2010

Open the window

As blue becomes a mobile storage device which I plan to sort very soon, well clean out the interior into some new storage I have arranged. I was busy with other cars this week which meant that blue did not get much of my time. As it didn't get any of my time Rich and Dave came round to give me a hand and remove the windows as I have not got the tool to do this job ~ a hammer wouldn't count even though the windows are not going back into this build I can't get glass everywhere.


The side windows looked like they came out quickly and in one piece which is excellent. Basically we just removed the guttering around the rim of the roof and the other plastic window surrounds this aloud the tool to fit. The tool is a glorified cheese wire with two handle grips which you pull back and fourth on. Its apparently normal for them to smoke as it cuts through the adhesive.

When it came to the front screen Dave took a large pointy tool and tried to push it between the seal of the windscreen. This did crack the front screen - the only part I wanted to keep... Rich and Dave started to remove the screen, this took a while and Rich kept breaking the wire (Not sure if it was Rich's fault but he can have the blame) the two of them fought the screen for a while and eventually it came out, broken in quite a few places by now and between them they had chopped through the roof lining, good Job there wont be any lining in it when its finished!


Thats really all the happened with the exception of the air bag coming out. The project pace should really pick up in the next few weeks as another one of my non recorded projects is complete and I have lots of time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment